Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Garden

So I planted my garden last weekend. This is my second year trying my hand at gardening. Last year was a moderate success. My son got to eat a lot of tomatoes and we had lettuce and carrots a plenty. My pumpkins never grew last year and my sunflowers just got tall and skinny and fell over!

I never fertilized last year, which I think was part of my problem. This year I fertilized when I planted and plan to again throughout the growing season. My brother in law works for a landscape supply company and hooked me up with some organic fertilizer. Its basically chicken poop and to try and make it not smell so bad then added some sort of orange scent....so basically it smells like oranges and chicken poop!

Anyone out there plant their gardens yet? Any organic tips, advice, etc? Would love to see some comments!

No comments: