Tuesday, February 26, 2008
Make your own organic baby food
I made a lot of my son's baby food myself. It is quite simple really. I bought the organic fruit or veggies (if you can't find the right stuff in season, use frozen...it works just as well). All you need is a steamer, some ice cube trays, and something to blend with. I used my Magic Bullet...it worked really well! I just cut whatever I was making into small pieces (less than an inch big) and then put it in the steamer until it was really soft. Obviously not all foods need to be steamed (berries for example). Then you blend it up and make sure their are no chunks left. If you need more liquid to make it blend then add the water from the steamer. This will give you back any lost vitamins. Next just pour the mix into the ice cube trays and freeze. Once they are frozen I took them out of the trays and put them in freezer bags to store them. These little cubes of food stay good in the freezer for about a month. I found that 3 cubes was about the same as a jar of food. Try mixing 2 or 3 different kinds together for variety. My son's favorite was apples and blueberries. I found it to be fun making his food, plus I knew exactly what he was eating!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment